Friday, March 11, 2011

An absurd evening …..




I had been listening to the music of the organ grinder......




Staring at the window with the round glasses, they became less and less bright. The night came down and I decided it was time for an evening walk. So I started to walk at random through the beautiful old city of Bruges.


 




When I saw the bear in I loved him at first sight. His little black nose, the trustworthy eyes…. I asked him to accompany me for my evening walk into the city. He said he would be pleased to come with me. As he had been standing all day, he was a bit stiff. After some stretching he was ready to go.











We decided to go to say hello to the golden lady with the falcon. She resides at the chapel of the Holy Blood. The bear asked her about the falcon; “did it fly today?” “Ahh no”, said the lady, “I forgot to remove the cap”. Her knights kept looking straight ahead, as if they didn’t want to see us. “Nice of you to come, it is very boring to stand here all day”. “I am waiting for the procession of the Holy Blood”.


 


We left her waiting and went to the other side of the square where we saw the “carwash”.  The bear said to me; “this is a work of modern art…” “Yes”,  I said; “I see.” I tried to look at it so I could see the beauty that was within. Reflecting water did the trick. And it looks good.



 




Finally we thought it was a good idea to visit the Bishop. But he was sleeping. He must have been reading, because the book was still in his hands. I never noticed his thin long fingers before.




No problem, we were perfectly capable to amuse ourselves. A beer and a red wine, some nuts….

I kissed the bear on his nose and he went home. He needed his sleep for the long day to come.

We had a lovely evening…..


















No comments:

Post a Comment