Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tortoni

Tortoni is a famous restaurant on the Avenida de Mayo in Buenos Aires. Antonio and me went there after the Cabildo was closed. There we spend the evening of march 6 2006. A date to remember.

 




I still feel your arm
Showing me the pictures
On the wall at Tortoni’s
I still see your eyes
So dark, so deep
I feel your shyness
And you must feel mine
As though we are children
Loving for the first time
Living in a world called Tortoni’s







My glass of wine
Thirsts for the deep brown sea
Of my lovers eyes.
Red and brown
Black the depth
Of their longing


  







My love
Do I miss you
Our time together only six hours
Enough to fill a lifetime
Enough to feel lost these days without you
What is another 48 days
Just a bite out of this year
Endless in our eyes
Endless the few days since our last e-mail
Far away on the other side
Of our horizon of time





You look at me in black and white
Retouched by me
I am touched by you
I look at you in black and white
The essence of a person
Caught in one dimension


Tango
Tangible emotion
I cry when I hear your passion
I want to hold my love close to my heart
The music vibrating in our bodies
In a whirl that binds us together
Tangible love









And now we are back
5 Years later
We drink the wine of our love
In this place
Confirming the impossible
Gardel and Borges as our witnesses








No comments:

Post a Comment