Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A miniature Amazon forest



This Monday morning we went from Aparecida to Taubaté. I choose to go the old road. So we drove by Pindamonhangaba. (Just take some minutes to pronounce this name; yes you can!) There our friend showed us the “Bosque da Princesa”.

We enter a miniature Amazon forest along the banks of the river Paraïba.













At the gate a man is cleaning the paths. The broom is made of the leaf of a palm tree. As usual I am tricked by the darkness under the trees. On top of that I had my camera still on macro… So the moving broom is blurred.

Walking into this little rainforest we see palm trees and bromelias and a lot of other trees I don’t know the name of. 










We admire the view of the river. Just pretend you are at the banks of the Amazon river….  Red flowers bloom high up in the trees, but luckily no crocodiles or snakes; just mosquitoes.

The water in the river is red-brown because of the rain. It will be raining again soon. The clouds hang low against the mountains.



The ponds in the bosque are a “dark muddy green”. Everything is a bit moist and slippery.










The little walls are rustic, like the bandstand in the middle of the trees. Children run around.


The shed is a cement tree stump. They almost fooled me… I like the reserve chair on the top.




















Going back to the car, the man with the broom is standing near the cement tree, looking out into the street….. good view of the broom.







The entrance gate has a nice little corner with a tableau of azulejos “Portuguese style”. It must be  the artists view of the ideal “bosque”. 



It makes me think of the many small parks in Cuba. The “Parques Cespedes”.  So here in Brazil we have “Bosques”; da Princesa, do Papa… I am curious about my next bosque…….









No comments:

Post a Comment